Tuesday, June 11, 2013


Making the screencast and a YouTube account was tricky. My lap top is old, and does not have a built in microphone- thank the good heavens for gamer roommates. Then I had to download Java, because apparently my laptop has an ancient version. I’ve downloaded so many things tonight….I almost feel dirty. I worry about computer STDs.   

I decided to kill two birds with one stone, and do a recording of me uploading photos via Picasa. Once again I ran into a stumbling block with the screencast o’matic to you tube….for some reason the first 3 times it didn’t want to allow my sign in to work. The fourth times worked, even though I didn’t do anything different. I think, over all, give what I would be taking videos of, I’d much rather just record stuff with my digital camera, upload it on to my computer, and then upload it to you tube. Plus, then I don’t have to download any possibly weird programs, or connect various logins with others.

I remembered to click the html button the first time around, so that made the upload process on to the website easier

1 comment:

  1. Jenna, I understand your frustrations with old equipment. I actually had little trouble creating my screen cast of how to create a pie chart for my students. I even uploaded it easily with the help of my husband. But when I showed the screen cast to my students, I realized that my operating program on my lap top was years newer than the dinosaur desk tops that I expected the students to use. Those kids were so confused. I quickly learned that if I expect someone to use technology I better understand what technology is available to them and how to use it myself.

    ReplyDelete