Tuesday, June 11, 2013


I am finding the layout for Google sites very frustrating. I started out trying to use a ready-made template, but then it wouldn’t let me input any of my own stuff.  Then began the battle to the death with Google over me trying to delete the site, and start over. I finally smarted up and went to the Google search engine and found out how to delete it that way. I think this is an example of how all powerful searching Google for how to do stuff is. I might not like their sites and interface for Gmail, sites, etc, but they sure know how to connect me to any and all information I might want to find.

The next fight was trying to get multiple pages. This, surprisingly, was much easier. This gives me hope that adding things to said pages (PowerPoint’s, documents, photos) will be much easier than actually setting up the site in the first place.

I still think trading skills (my cookie making abilities with my friend’s tech skills) would be a more efficient use of time in the future.  I like the idea of using tech in the classroom, but I have a feeling that now that I know what I can use, I would probably have someone else set the sites up for me (in exchange for cookies).

2 comments:

  1. Google sites definitely has a learning curve! It's much easier to use once you have played around with it for some time. However, the template stuff was difficult for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, I’m not much of a baker of cookies, but I’m great a doing taxes. I think I would have rather filled out someone’s tax form for their web site building skills. I encountered the same issues that you did and after many frustrating hours, I finally create my site. Victory at last! Then I encountered the problem of getting rid of Mrs. Smith and place her with Mrs. McAdam. I think my biggest frustration with any of this technology is how I learn best. I learn by watching and trying, I wish that this course was a traditional in classroom situation with an instructor showing my how to do it before I attempt.

    ReplyDelete