Tuesday, June 11, 2013


Picasa is possibly the most annoying thing ever. I went to upload pictures, and I can insert a single photo on to my site, but when I try and make it a photo album it doesn’t show any of the pictures. A google search informs me this is because my privacy settings are too high, but there is no way I can see to change that through the site. So then I download Picasa on to my computer (more unprotected downloading….I’m going to need to scrub my computer after this) to see if that will work. In the mean time, Google decides this means I have accepted Google+ into my loving arms and keeps on popping up windows of “do this!” “friend these people” “this is cool!” every 3 seconds, so I keep on getting derailed from Picasa because I have to close all these pop ups. So far, I am not impressed with the user friendliness of Google, and I am very much feeling stalked by it.

Also, this is just my personal feelings about photos, but I much prefer to see individual photos than a slide show photo album. Additionally, for what I want to do with natural history, I think the individual photos- where comments can be right by- is more useful than an album.

2 comments:

  1. I had to come back to picasa twice in order to get my frustration level back down to a workable level. I like what you are saying about the individual photos with commentary. Possible with a slideshow but effective either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, I’m sorry to hear that Picasa gave you such trouble. I found it easy after I sent each picture via email from my iPad to my email account. I really have gotten into using my iPad photos and digital camera, but I do get frustrated with the time it takes to get them sent to my lab top. I agree that individual pictures with meaningful captions are more informative that a slide show. My slide show includes photos of my students out at the Oregon tide pools. If you have a moment, please check them out on my web site. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete